Behavioral Health Counseling for Children and Adults
Behavioral Health Counseling at Family Health Center at Virginia Parkway evaluates the needs of the patient to assist them in making healthier and long-lasting behavioral choices. Our counselor works as a team with your Family Health Center provider to help make the greatest impact in a patient’s overall health and wellbeing. Our Behavioral Health Counselor can help with:
- Education on how to make healthier lifestyle changes
- Setting personal goals and plans with patients
- Life transition concerns
Our focused intervention counseling consists of brief 20-30 minute counseling sessions with a Behavioral Health Counselor. If more specialized mental health services are needed, the counselor will make a referral to community resources that are available for the counseling that is needed.
To make Behavioral Health Counseling accessible to all our patients, we welcome Medicaid, CHIP, Medicare, and most private and employer-based insurances. Uninsured patients may benefit from our sliding fee scale based on family size and income.
Our counseling services focus on:
- Mental health concerns, such as depression and anxiety
- Behavioral concerns in children, such as ADHD and ODD
- Weight management and nutrition education
- Managing and living with a chronic illness
- Smoking cessation
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Managing chronic pain
You may request a new patient appointment by calling us at 214-618-5600.